Below are some of the way through which SSRS can be integrated with Power BI:
* Certain SSRS Report items such as charts can be pinned to Power BI dashboards.
* Clicking the tile in Power BI dashboards will bring the user to the SSRS report.
* A subscription is created to keep the dashboard tile refreshed.
* Power BI reports will soon be able to be published to SSRS portal
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:41:17
The 3 edit interaction options are Filter, Highlight, and None.
* Filter: It completely filter a visual/tile based on the filter selection of another visual/tile.
* Highlight: It highlight only the related elements on the visual/tile, gray out the non-related items.
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:40:25
Many to Many relationships involve a bridge or junction table reflecting the combinations of two dimensions (e.g. doctors and patients). Either all possible combinations or those combinations that have occurred.
* Bi-Directional Crossfiltering relationships can be used in PBIX.
* CROSSFILTER function can be used in Power Pivot for Excel.
* DAX can be used per metric to check and optionally modify the filter context.
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:37:23
Power BI can apply Row Level Security roles to models.
* A DAX expression is applied on a table filtering its rows at query time.
* Dynamic security involves the use of USERNAME functions in security role definitions.
* Typically a table is created in the model that relates users to specific dimensions and a role.
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:36:48
Calculated Columns are DAX expressions that are computed during the model’s processing/refresh process for each row of the given column and can be used like any other column in the model.
Calculated columns are not compressed and thus consume more memory and result in reduced query performance. They can also reduce processing/refresh performance if applied on large fact tables and can make a model more difficult to maintain/support given
that the calculated column is not present in the source system.
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:35:30
Below are some of the ways through which we can leverage Power BI:
The Power BI Publisher for Excel:
* Can be used to pin Excel items (charts, ranges, pivot tables) to Power BI Service.
* Can be used to connect to datasets and reports stored in Power BI Service.
* Excel workbooks can be uploaded to Power BI and viewed in the browser like Excel Services.
* Excel reports in the Power BI service can be shared via Content Packs like other reports.
* Excel workbooks (model and tables) can be exported to service for PBI report creation.
* Excel workbook Power Pivot models can be imported to Power BI Desktop models.
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:34:42
Power BI Q&A is a natural language tool which helps in querying your data and get the results you need from it. You do this by typing into a dialog box on your Dashboard, which the engine instantaneously generates an answer similar to Power View. Q&A interprets your questions and shows you a restated query of what it is looking from your data. Q&A was developed by Server and Tools, Microsoft Research and the Bing teams to give you a complete feeling of truly exploring your data.
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:33:28
Gateway acts a bridge between on-premises data sources and Azure cloud services.
1. Import Only, Power BI Service Only, No central monitoring/managing.
2. Can only be used by one person (personal); can’t allow others to use this gateway.
1. Import and Direct Query supported.
2. Multiple users of the gateway for developing content.
3. Central monitoring and control.
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:33:07
No, Power BI is not available as a private, internal cloud service. However, with Power BI and Power BI Desktop, you can securely connect to your own on-premises data sources. With the On-premises Data Gateway, you can connect live to your on-premises SQL Server Analysis Services, and other data sources. You can also scheduled refresh with a centralized gateway. If a gateway is not available, you can refresh data from on-premises data sources using the Power BI Gateway – Personal.
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:30:47
Yes we can refresh our reports through Data Management gateway(for sharepoint), and Power BI Personal gateway(for Powerbi.com)
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:29:53
It is a stand alone application where we can make Power BI reports and then upload it to Powerbi.com, it does not require Excel. Actually, it is a combination of Power Query, Power Pivot, and Power View.
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:29:35
The data can either be present in Excel or could be present externally. To prepare your data, make sure all of the data is in Excel table format, where each row represents a unique record. Your column headings or row headings should contain text instead of actual data, so that Power Map will interpret it correctly when it plots the geographic coordinates. Using meaningful labels also makes value and category fields available to you when you design your tour in the Power Map Tour Editor pane.
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:28:55
For a data to be consumed in power map there should be location data like:
* Latitude/Longitude pair
* Street, City, Country/Region, Zip Code/Postal Code, and State/Province, which can be geolocated by Bing
The primary requirement for the table is that it contains unique rows. It must also contain location data, which can be in the form of a Latitude/Longitude pair, although this is not a requirement. You can use address fields instead, such as Street, City, Country/Region, Zip Code/Postal Code, and State/Province, which can be geolocated by Bing.
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:28:41
Power Map is an Excel add-in that provides you with a powerful set of tools to help you visualize and gain insight into large sets of data that have a geo-coded component. It can help you produce 3D visualizations by plotting upto a million data points in the form of column, heat, and bubble maps on top of a Bing map. If the data is time stamped, it can also produce interactive views that display, how the data changes over space and time.
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:27:49
Power Query is a self-service ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) tool which runs as an Excel add-in. It allows users to pull data from various sources, manipulate said data into a form that suits their needs and load it into Excel. It is most optimum to use Power Query over Power Pivot as it lets you not only load the data but also manipulate it as per the users needs while loading.
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:27:35
A new programming language is used in power query called M-Code. It is easy to use and similar to other languages. M-code is case sensitive language.
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:27:18
Query parameters can be used to provide users of a local Power BI Desktop report with a prompt, to specify the values they’re interested in.
* The parameter selection can then be used by the query and calculations.
* PBIX files can be exported as Templates (PBIT files).
* Templates contain everything in the PBIX except the data itself.
Parameters and templates can make it possible to share/email smaller template files and limit the amount of data loaded into the local PBIX files, improving processing time and experience .
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:27:01
Yes, a SQL statement can be defined as the source of a Power Query/M function for additional processing/logic. This would be a good practice to ensure that an efficient database query is passed to the source and avoid unnecessary processing and complexity
by the client machine and M function.
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:26:27
Changing Data Types, Filtering Rows, Choosing/Removing Columns, Grouping, Splitting a column into multiple columns, Adding new Columns ,etc.
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:26:14
Query folding is when steps defined in Power Query/Query Editor are translated into SQL and executed by the source database rather than the client machine. It’s important for processing performance and scalability, given limited resources on the client machine.
Posted Date:- 2021-09-26 23:26:00