Practically speaking, this is not possible to transition an issue back to its previous status. However, for an emergency purpose, you can use the â€œOn hold â€œfeature to perform this task.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 05:12:04
Some popular add â€“on for JIRA included are,
* Suites the utilities for JIRA
* Script Runner
* Zephyr for JIRA
* JIRA toolkits
* REST API browser
* JIRA portfolio
* MISC workflow extensions
* Tempo timesheets
* Chart plugins
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 05:11:20
To modify any bulk issue, you need to use the bulk change options -> tool menu-> now select all the issues on the current page that can be now used for the bulk operations.
The following details you will get when you perform a bulk operation such as;
* Workflow transition
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 05:08:17
JIRA security setting is used to restrict any access to the issue to only those who have authorized to work on issues. This security level of any issue can be set either when the issue is created or when it is being edited.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 05:05:52
We can schedule the issues due dates which are used to track, review, and inform the team about due dates. Scheduling an issue is the most powerful feature that performs the fixed and relative date searches based on the due dates.
Advanced searches can also be performed by using the Jira Query Language.
You can schedule an issue by using the Date field. It can be done either by creating a new issue or editing an issue.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 05:01:07
Burn up chart creation steps:
1. Go to the JIRA official web page.
2. Now click on the project that you are working on.
3. Click on the reports -> appears at the left side
4. Now itâ€™s time to select the Burn-up chart option.
Burndown chart creation steps:
1. Go to the JIRA official web page.
2. Now click on the project that you are working on.
3. Click on the reports ->appears on the left side of the panel.
4. Now select the burn down from the reports drop-down option.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 04:59:47
A scrum board is nothing but a board that is created using the Scrum preset option. This Scrum board is suitable for those who have planning to work in Sprints time.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 04:58:21
A Kanban board in JIRA is nothing but a board that can be created using either Kanban preset or the DIY options. This Kanban board is suitable for those whose focus is on only managing and constraining work-in-progress time.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 04:57:44
Let me explain the steps involved to create the issues in JIRA;
Step 1: Click on the create a button on the top of the screen-> this opens the create issue dialog box.
Step 2: Now select the relevant project and issue type -> this option available in the create issue dialog box.
Step 3: type the summary ->complete any appropriate fields
Step 4: make sure that you have checked all the fields correctly before creating the next issue in the dashboard.
Step 5: if all the details are valid-> now click the create button.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 04:56:36
This explains how the customer and service desk agent can work together to resolve the issue. First, the customer submits a request -> a portal or by mail service desk agent, user can see the request in the JIRA request service desk line, and later they perform an investigation. The customer and other user participants make use of the portal or email to discuss the issue and the person (service agent) who resolves the issue. Finally, the service agent completes the request and the customer is satisfied.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 04:55:55
Labeling issue: This issue enables the user to categorize the raised issue in the form of information and later it is assigned to any component or version. This issue can be found using labels.
Linking issue: this issue enables the user to link any kind of issue or multiple issues that can also be associated either on the same or different JIRA servers.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 04:55:05
As we know, the JIRA architecture was not designed to work well with the server as a test case management tool. So it will be configured to support the test case management system in two different possible ways. After that users can either change the native JIRA components to meet the test case management system and also you can use add-ons option available in the parent company (Atlassian marketplace).
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 04:53:58
The answer is yes, the user can access the JIRA cloud site via a mobile device, for that you have to use the appropriate URL of the JIRA mobile cloud site in your mobile website browser.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 04:53:12
JIRA dashboard is a dashboard which you will see when you opens up Jira.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 04:52:20
You can modify multiple bulk issues by using option â€œBulk Changeâ€ option.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 04:51:43
An â€œissue collectorâ€ enables you to easily embed a JIRA feedback form into your own web site. This helps website visitors to log issues into JIRA through our website. To use JIRA feedback form, visitors to our website do not need a user account in JIRA.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 04:50:53
For an Agile project to create user stories in JIRA, follow below steps.
* Issue type -Epic and Issue type â€“ Story linked to it. In order to do so, in the â€˜Create Issueâ€™ page, go to â€œConfigure Fieldsâ€ and select â€œEpic linkâ€ field to be included in the issue creation screen.
* Or you can have a product backlog by creating a main User story and having various sub-tasks under it.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 04:50:23
Under Audit Log, you can see all the details about the issue created, and the changes made in the issues.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 04:49:43
The events are classified in two a System event (JIRA defined events) and Custom event (User-defined events). An event describes the status, the default template and the notification scheme and workflow transition post function associations for the event.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 04:48:17
The security setting for any issue is defined or say set either at the time of the creation of the issue or while editing the issue.
The basic reason for security settings is to restrict user access to the issue so that not all users are able to work on that issue. Security setting also allows the access of the issue to the member of chosen security level.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 04:01:17
The Validators in JIRA checks that any input made to the transition is valid before the transition is performed. If a validator fails, the issue will not progress to the destination status of the transition.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 04:00:27
Practically, it is not possible to transition an issue back to its previous status. However, you can use the â€œon holdâ€ feature to transition an issue back to its prior status. Here are the steps,
* In a workflow, Create a global transition to the â€˜On Holdâ€™ state.
* Now from â€˜On Holdâ€™ status create another transition to every other status you want to come back to
* Since the transition names cannot be the same, add a blank space at the end of it.
* Now you donâ€™t want the status transition from the â€˜On Holdâ€™ and â€˜Doneâ€™ to â€˜On Holdâ€™ So you will hide the other status â€œOn Holdâ€ by adding the value field condition on the global transition.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:59:43
* If a workflow is active, you cannot edit the workflow name (only the description)
* You cannot delete the workflow steps
* A step associated status cannot be edited
* You cannot add any new outgoing transition if a step has no outgoing transitions (Global transitions are not considered).
* A stepâ€™s Step ID cannot be changed.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:58:58
* As such Statuses are global objects in JIRA. Changing the name of the status on one workflow will change the status on all workflows that use that status
* Hover over status or transition to see the relevant transition labels
* One cannot clone transitions in the workflow designer
* In the workflow designer, one cannot create annotations
* Directly you cannot set the issue editable property.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:58:00
The backup data includes,
* Attachments if selected
* Users and their group settings
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:56:41
In JIRA, you can take a backup of your JIRA cloud data using Backup Manager. But only one backup file is stored at a time. The existing backup is overwritten by new ones.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:56:02
You can configure the following things for each pair of an issue type and JIRA project.
* The order of custom fields appears on an issue screen
* The workflow of an issue including the statuses
* Which custom fields and system an issue can use
* Project accessibility
* Permissions for what a user can do with an issue
* Versions and components available for an issue
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:55:34
Schemes are a major part of JIRA configuration. It is a collection of configured values that can be used by one or more JIRA project. For instance, Notification Schemes, Permission Scheme, Issue Type Scheme, and so on. There are a total of seven types of schemes.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:54:46
Some popular add-ons for JIRA include,
* Suites utilities for JIRA
* ScriptRunner for JIRA
* Zephyr for JIRA â€“ Test Management
* JIRA Toolkit Plugin
* Atlassian REST API Browser
* Portfolio for JIRA
* JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions
* Tempo Timesheets for JIRA
* JIRA Charting Plugin
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:54:21
Three colors will be displayed representing the amount of time spent behind the issue
* Original Estimate (Blue): The amount of time estimated initially to resolve the issue
* Remaining Estimate(Orange): The remaining amount of time left to resolve the issue
* Time Spent or Logged (Green): The amount of time spent so far while resolving the issue
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:53:37
Scheduling the issue means scheduling the work of issue for a particular â€˜due dateâ€™.
For this function to work, one must have â€˜Schedule issue permissionâ€™ by JIRA Administrator. In this case, a field with â€˜Due Dateâ€™ is being populated.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:52:57
Issue change history includes
* Deletion of a comment
* Deletion of a work log
* Creation or removal of an issue link
* Attachment of a file
* Changes to an issue field
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:52:07
Labeling an issue is basically done to categorize an issue within a particular section which in turn can be easily searched with the help of labels.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:51:33
To disable mail notification for a particular Bulk Operations, you have to de-select the â€œSend Notificationâ€ checkbox in the bulk operation wizard.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:50:56
To modify multiple bulk issues, you can use the Bulk Change option from the â€œToolsâ€ menu of the navigator. All the issues on the current page can be selected for the bulk operation. The following list details the available bulk operations like
* Workflow Transition
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:50:33
You can email an issue by using the share option in JIRA. You can also email other JIRA users a link to the issue by sharing the issue with them or by mentioning them in an issueâ€™s Description or Comment field.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:50:01
For any particular issue in JIRA, 3 colors like Blue, Green, and Orange is used to denote the amount of time spent on any particular issue. This information is displayed under â€˜Time Trackingâ€™ section. Each color has its own significance like;
* Blue: This color is to denote the â€˜Original Estimateâ€™ i.e. the time estimate to be invested in resolving the issue. This field has been labeled as â€˜Estimatedâ€™.
* Orange: This color determines the time left for resolving the issue. This field has been labeled as â€˜Remainingâ€™.
* Green: This color defines the actual time that has been used or say spent in resolving the issue so far. This field has been labeled as â€˜loggedâ€™.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:49:35
JIRAâ€™S security setting restricts access to the issue to only those person who is allowed to work on the issue or a member of the chosen security level. The security level of an issue can be set either when the issue is created or when the issue is being edited
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:48:48
The move issue wizard enables you to specify another project in your JIRA instance. Move wizard permits you to change certain attributes of an issue like
* Issue Type:If your issue is a customs issue type and does not occur in your target project, you must choose a new issue type for your issue.
* Issue Status:If you have assigned your issue as a custom issue status and it does not exist in your project, you must select a new issue status for your issue.
* Custom Fields:If you have determined required custom fields for your issue, which do not occur in the target project, you must set values for them.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:47:28
* Time tracking
* Issue History
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:46:13
Cloning as issue allows you to create a duplicate of the original issue so that many employees can work on a single issue within a single project. The clone issue can be connected to the original issue. A clone issue holds following the information
* Issue Type
* Components, etc.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:45:38
JIRA offer reports that show statistics for projects, versions, people or other fields within issues. Various reports included with JIRA are
* Average Age Report
* Pie Chart Report
* Resolution Time Report
* Recently Created Issues Report
* Resolved vs. Created Issues Report
* Single Level Group by Report
* Time Tracking Report
* User Workload Report
* Workload Pie Chart Report, etc.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:45:01
* Labeling Issue:It enables you to categorize an issue in a more informal way than assigning it to a component or version. You can then search issues according to the label.
* LinkingIssue: This feature enables you to link an association between two issues on either on the same or different JIRA servers.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:44:24
You can disable JIRA mobile for the site so that users can be unable to operate the desktop view of JIRA on their mobile device. JIRA mobile comes as a system add-on and can be disabled at any time.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:44:00
Yes, it is possible to access JIRA cloud site via a mobile device. You have to use the URL of the JIRA cloud site in your mobile web browser.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:43:31
The reason behind using JIRA is
* Upfront and fair licensing policy
* Features that is not available elsewhere
* Get the latest update on the progress of projects
* It runs anywhere and recognized with many famous companies
* Easily extensible and customizable
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:42:34
It integrates with source control programs such as CVS, Git, Subversion, ClearCase, Visual SourceSafe, Mercurial, and Perforce.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:42:02
In JIRA, an issue can be anything like a
* Software bug
* The project task
* A help-desk ticket
* The leave request form
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:41:46
Workflow is defined as a movement of the bug/issue through various stages during its life-cycle
* WIP ( Work In Progress)
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:41:18
JIRA is an issue tracking product or a software tool developed by Atlassian, commonly used for bug tracking, project management, and issue tracking; it is entirely based on these three aspects. It is widely used in software development and software testing.
Posted Date:- 2021-11-12 03:40:56