1. A Named Query is a SQL query/expression in your DSV which acts as a Table. It is used to combine data from one or more Table(s)/View(s) from the underlying data source without requiring any schematic changes to the underlying data source Table(s)/View(s).
2. The SQL Query used in the Named Query should conform to the underlying data source dialect. For example, if the underlying data source is SQL Server, then it should conform to T-SQL, If is it Oracle, then it should conform to PL/SQL, etcâ€¦
3. Named Queries are used in various scenarios, the following are some of the common scenarios:
1. Combining data from multiple Tables/Views from the underlying data source by using either simple or complex join operations.
2. Adding filter conditions for filtering out unwanted data or selecting the required data (limiting the data).
4. Pretty much everything that can be done using a Named Calculation can also be done using a Named Query.
Posted Date:- 2021-09-28 07:04:21
What is the difference between a derived measure and a calculated measure?
What languages are used in SSAS?
Explain the TWO-Tier Architecture of SSAS?
What is a partition and why is it used?
Explain The Flow Of Creating A Cube?
Is it possible to combine data from multiple data sources in SSAS? If yes, how do you accomplish it?
What are the difficulties faced in cube development?
What is a Named Query? In what scenarios do you use it?
What is a Named Calculation? In what scenarios do you use it?
What is a perspective, have you ever created a perspective?
What is measure group, measure?
Name a few Business Analysis Enhancements for SSAS?
Which is a better star schema or snowflake?
What is the purpose of setting Logical Keys and Relationships in DSV?
How Will You Add A New Column To An Existing Table In Data Source View?
What is database synchronization in SSAS? What is its advantage?
Explain the major differences between calculated measure and derived measure?
What is SSAS Dimension? What are the types of SSAS dimensions?
What is the use of the IsAggregatable property?
What is a Data Source? What are the different data sources supported by SSAS?
Have you ever worked on performance tuning, if yes what are the steps involved in it?
What is the difference between MOLAP, ROLAP, HOLAP?
What is a Factless fact table?
How Many Types Of Attribute Relationships Are There?
What is the objective of setting Logical Keys and Relationships in DSV?
What is a Named Calculation in SSAS?
What do you understand by Impersonation?
What are the different data sources supported by SSAS?
How is OLAP different from OLTP?
What do you understand about OLAP?
What are Named Sets? What are the two types of Named Sets?
What are Calculated Members? How do they differ from Measures?
What is a data warehouse in short DWH?
What are Measures and Measure Groups? What is the difference between them?
How many types of dimensions are there and what are they?
What is the difference between SSAS 2005 and SSIS 2008?
What are tabular and multidimensional models in SSAS?