Request Processing Life cycle
Request Processing life Cycle
The request processing lifecycle of Struts2 framework is important to discuss in the Architecture of the struts 2 framework to understand the flow of request and response in our application
1. Request is generated by user in their browser and sent to Servlet container.
2. Servlet container invokes FilterDispatcher filter which in turn determines appropriate action mapped to the particular request.
3. One by one Intercetors are applied before calling the Action. Interceptors performs tasks such as Logging, Validation, File Upload, Double-submit guard, searching, shorting, merging etc.
4. Action is executed and the Result is generated by Action.
5. The output of Action is rendered in the view (JSP, Velocity, etc) and the result is returned to the user.