- rfind() is python in-build function which are used to find the index of the substring in the given string.
- if it not find the searching element in given string then it will return location -1.
- here str is given string.
- and str1 is the substring whose index is to be find
- beg and end are the starting and ending point of given string where you want to search.
Difference between find() and rfind() in python-
Basically, both function are used to search the location of the substring in given string but
- find() start searching from the left side of the string
- and rfind() start searching from the right side of the string.
string is s="This is is string"
s.find("is") will give 5
s.rfind("is") will give 8