Nobel Prizes and Laureates 2017
1. Nobel Laureates - Rainer Weiss, Barry C. Barish, Kip S. Thorne
Field - Physics
Contribution - For decisive contributions to the LIGO detector and the observation of gravitational waves.
2. Nobel Laureates - Jacques Dubochet, Joachim Frank, Richard Henderson
Field - Chemistry
Contribution - For developing cryo-electron microscopy for the high-resolution structure determination of biomolecules in solution.
3. Nobel Laureates - Jeffrey C. Hall, Michael Rosbash, Michael W. Young.
Field - Physiology or Medicine.
Contribution - For their discoveries of molecular mechanisms controlling the circadian rhythm.
4. Nobel Laureates - Kazuo Ishiguro
Field - Literature
Contribution - Who, in novels of great emotional force, has uncovered the abyss beneath our illusory sense of connection with the world.
5. Nobel Laureates - International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN)
Field - Peace
Contribution - For its work to draw attention to the catastrophic humanitarian consequences of any
use of nuclear weapons and for its ground-breaking efforts to achieve a treaty-based prohibition of such weapons.
6. Nobel Laureates - Richard H. Thaler
Field - Economic Sciences
Contribution - For his contributions to behavioural economics.