Nobel Prizes and Laureates 2013
1. Nobel Laureates - Francois Englert and Peter W. Higgs.
Field - Physics
Contribution - for the theoretical discovery of a mechanism that contributes to our understanding of the origin
of mass of subatomic particles, and which recently was confirmed through the
discovery of the predicted fundamental particle, by the ATLAS and CMS experiments at CERNs Large Hadron Collider.
2. Nobel Laureates - Martin Karplus, Michael Levitt and Arieh Warshel
Field - Chemistry
Contribution - for the development of multiscale models for complex chemical systems.
3. Nobel Laureates - James E. Rothman, Randy W. Schekman and Thomas C. Sudhof
Field - Physiology or Medicine
Contribution - for their discoveries of machinery regulating vesicle traffic, a major transport system in our cells.
4. Nobel Laureates - Alice Munro
Field - Literature
Contribution - master of the contemporary short story
5. Nobel Laureates - Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons
Field - Peace
Contribution - for its extensive efforts to eliminate chemical weapons.