Nobel Prizes and Laureates 2012
1. Nobel Laureates - Serge Haroche and David J. Wineland
Field - Physics
Contribution - for ground breaking experimental methods that enable measuring and manipulation of individual quantum systems.
2. Nobel Laureates - Robert J. Lefkowitz and Brian K. Kobilka
Field - Chemistry
Contribution - for studies of G-protein-coupled receptors.
3. Nobel Laureates - Sir John B. Gurdon and Shinya Yamanaka
Field - Physiology or Medicine
Contribution - for the discovery that mature cells can be reprogrammed to become pluripotent
4. Nobel Laureates - Mo Yan
Field - Literature
Contribution - who with hallucinatory realism merges folk tales, history and the contemporary.
5. Nobel Laureates - European Union
Field - Peace
Contribution - for over six decades contributed to the advancement of peace and reconciliation, democracy and human rights in Europe.
6. The Sveriges Riksbank Prize - Alvin E. Roth and Lloyd S. Shapley
Field - Economic Sciences
Contribution - for the theory of stable allocations and the practice of market design.