Nobel Prizes and Laureates 1985
1. Nobel Laureates - Klaus von Klitzing
Field - Physics
Contribution - Discovery of the quantized Hall effect.
2. Nobel Laureates - Herbert A. Hauptman and Jerome Karle
Field - Chemistry
Contribution - Outstanding achievements in the development of direct methods for the determination of crystal structures.
3. Nobel Laureates - Michael S. Brown and Joseph L. Goldstein
Field - Physiology or Medicine
Contribution - Discoveries concerning the regulation of cholesterol metabolism.
4. Nobel Laureates - Claude Simon
Field - Literature
Contribution - Who in his novel combines the poets and the painters creativeness with a deepened awareness
of time in the depiction of the human condition
5. Nobel Laureates - International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War
Field - Peace
6. The Sveriges Riksbank Prize - Franco Modigliani
Field - Economic Sciences
Contribution - Pioneering analyses of saving and of financial markets.