Nobel Prizes and Laureates 1982
1. Nobel Laureates - Kenneth G. Wilson
Field - Physics
Contribution - Theory for critical phenomena in connection with phase transitions
2. Nobel Laureates - Aaron Klug
Field - Chemistry
Contribution - Development of crystallographic electron microscopy and his structural elucidation of
biologically important nucleic acid-protein complexes.
3. Nobel Laureates - Sune K. Bergstrom, Bengt I. Samuelsson and John R. Vane
Field - Physiology or Medicine
Contribution - Discoveries concerning prostaglandins and related biologically active substances.
4. Nobel Laureates - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Field - Literature
Contribution - For his novels and short stories, in which the fantastic and the realistic are combined in a richly
composed world of imagination, reflecting a continents life and conflicts.
5. Nobel Laureates - Alva Myrdal
Field - Peace
6. The Sveriges Riksbank Prize - George J. Stigler
Field - Economic Sciences
Contribution - Seminal studies of industrial structures, functioning of markets and causes and effects of public regulation.