Nobel Prizes and Laureates 1976
1. Nobel Laureates - Burton Richter and Samuel Chao Chung Ting
Field - Physics
Contribution - Pioneering work in the discovery of a heavy elementary particle of a new kind.
2. Nobel Laureates - William N. Lipscomb
Field - Chemistry
Contribution - Studies on the structure of boranes illuminating problems of chemical bonding.
3. Nobel Laureates - Baruch S. Blumberg and D. Carleton Gajdusek
Field - Physiology or Medicine
Contribution - Discoveries concerning new mechanisms for the origin and dissemination of infectious diseases.
4. Nobel Laureates - Saul Bellow
Field - Literature
Contribution - Human understanding and subtle analysis of contemporary culture that are combined in his work.
5. Nobel Laureates - Betty Williams, Mairead Corrigan
Field - Peace
6. The Sveriges Riksbank Prize - Milton Friedman
Field - Economic Sciences
Contribution - Achievements in the fields of consumption analysis, monetary history and theory
and for his demonstration of the complexity of stabilization policy.