Nobel Prizes and Laureates 1969
1. Nobel Laureates - Murray Gell-Mann
Field - Physics
Contribution - Contributions and discoveries concerning the classification of elementary particles and their interactions.
2. Nobel Laureates - Derek H. R. Barton and Odd Hassel
Field - Chemistry
Contribution - Contributions to the development of the concept of conformation and its application in chemistry.
3. Nobel Laureates - Max Delbruck, Alfred D. Hershey and Salvador E. Luria
Field - Physiology or Medicine
Contribution - Discoveries concerning the replication mechanism and the genetic structure of viruses.
4. Nobel Laureates - Samuel Beckett
Field - Literature
Contribution - Writing, which - in new forms for the novel and drama - in the destitution of modern man acquires its elevation.
5. Nobel Laureates - International Labour Organization
Field - Peace
6. The Sveriges Riksbank Prize - Ragnar Frisch and Jan Tinbergen
Field - Economic Sciences
Contribution - Developed and applied dynamic models for the analysis of economic processes.