Nobel Prizes and Laureates 1967
1. Nobel Laureates - Hans Albrecht Bethe
Field - Physics
Contribution - Contributions to the theory of nuclear reactions, especially his discoveries concerning the energy production in stars.
2. Nobel Laureates - Manfred Eigen, Ronald George Wreyford Norrish and George Porter
Field - Chemistry
Contribution - Studies of extremely fast chemical reactions, effected by disturbing the equilibrium by means of very short pulses of energy
3. Nobel Laureates - Ragnar Granit, Haldan Keffer Hartline and George Wald
Field - Physiology or Medicine
Contribution - Discoveries concerning the primary physiological and chemical visual processes in the eye.
4. Nobel Laureates - Miguel Angel Asturias
Field - Literature
Contribution - Vivid literary achievement, deep-rooted in the national traits and traditions of Indian peoples of Latin America.
- No Nobel Peace Prize was awarded this year...