Nobel Prizes and Laureates 1965
1. Nobel Laureates - Sin-Itiro Tomonaga, Julian Schwinger and Richard P. Feynman
Field - Physics
Contribution - Fundamental work in quantum electrodynamics, with deep-ploughing consequences for the physics of elementary particles.
2. Nobel Laureates - Robert Burns Woodward
Field - Chemistry
Contribution - Outstanding achievements in the art of organic synthesis.
3. Nobel Laureates - Francois Jacob, Andre Lwoff and Jacques Monod
Field - Physiology or Medicine
Contribution - Discoveries concerning genetic control of enzyme and virus synthesis.
4. Nobel Laureates - Mikhail Aleksandrovich Sholokhov
Field - Literature
Contribution - Artistic power and integrity with which, in his epic of the Don, he has given expression to a historic phase in the life of the Russian people
5. Nobel Laureates - United Nations Childrens Fund (UNICEF)
Field - Peace