Nobel Prizes and Laureates 1999
1. Nobel Laureates - Gerardust Hooft and Martinus J.G. Veltman
Field - Physics
Contribution - for elucidating the quantum structure of electroweak interactions in physics.
2. Nobel Laureates - Ahmed H. Zewail
Field - Chemistry
Contribution - Studies of the transition states of chemical reactions using femtosecond spectroscopy.
3. Nobel Laureates - Gunter Blobel
Field - Physiology or Medicine
Contribution - Discovery that proteins have intrinsic signals that govern their transport and localization in the cell.
4. Nobel Laureates - Gunter Grass
Field - Literature
Contribution - whose frolicsome black fables portray the forgotten face of history.
5. Nobel Laureates - Medecins Sans Frontieres
Field - Peace
Contribution - in recognition of the organizations pioneering humanitarian work on several continents.
6. The Sveriges Riksbank Prize - Robert A. Mundell
Field - Economic Sciences
Contribution - Analysis of monetary and fiscal policy under different exchange rate regimes and his analysis of optimum currency areas.