Nobel Prizes and Laureates 2005
1. Nobel Laureates - Yves Chauvin, Robert H. Grubbs and Richard R. Schrock
Field - Chemistry
Contribution - development of the metathesis method in organic synthesis.
2. Nobel Laureates - Barry J. Marshall and J. Robin Warren
Field - Physiology or Medicine
Contribution - discovery of the bacterium Helicobacter pylori and its role in gastritis and peptic ulcer disease.
3. Nobel Laureates - Harold Pinter
Field - Literature
Contribution - who in his plays uncovers the precipice under everyday prattle and forces entry into oppressions closed rooms.
4. Nobel Laureates - International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and Mohamed ElBaradei
Field - Peace
Contribution - Efforts to prevent nuclear energy from being used for military purposes
and to ensure that nuclear energy for peaceful purposes is used in the safest possible way.
5. Nobel Laureates - Roy J. Glauber
Field - Physics
Contribution - Contribution to the quantum theory of optical coherence.
6. The Sveriges Riksbank Prize - Robert J. Aumann and Thomas C. Schelling
Field - Economic Sciences
Contribution - for having enhanced our understanding of conflict and cooperation through game-theory analysis.