Nobel Prizes and Laureates 2006
1. Nobel Laureates - John C. Mather and George F. Smoot
Field - Physics
Contribution - discovery of the blackbody form and anisotropy of the cosmic microwave background radiation.
2. Nobel Laureates - Roger D. Kornberg
Field - Chemistry
Contribution - studies of the molecular basis of eukaryotic transcription.
3. Nobel Laureates - Andrew Z. Fire and Craig C. Mello
Field - Physiology or Medicine
Contribution - discovery of RNA interference - gene silencing by double-stranded RNA
4. Nobel Laureates - Orhan Pamuk
Field - Literature
Contribution - who in the quest for the melancholic soul of his native city has discovered new symbols for the clash and interlacing of cultures.
5. Nobel Laureates - Muhammad Yunus and Grameen Bank
Field - Peace
Contribution - for their efforts to create economic and social development from below.
6. The Sveriges Riksbank Prize - Edmund S. Phelps
Field - Economic Sciences
Contribution - for his analysis of intertemporal tradeoffs in macroeconomic policy.