Nobel Prizes and Laureates 2007
1. Nobel Laureates - Albert Fert and Peter Grunberg
Field - Physics
Contribution - Discovery of Giant Magnetoresistance.
2. Nobel Laureates - Gerhard Ertl
Field - Chemistry
Contribution - Studies of chemical processes on solid surfaces.
3. Nobel Laureates - Mario R. Capecchi, Sir Martin J. Evans and Oliver Smithies.
Field - Physiology or Medicine
Contribution - Discoveries of principles for introducing specific gene modifications in mice by the use of embryonic stem cells.
4. Nobel Laureates - Doris Lessing
Field - Literature
Contribution - epicist of the female experience, who with scepticism, fire and visionary power has subjected a divided civilisation to scrutiny.
5. Nobel Laureates - Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and Albert Arnold (Al) Gore Jr.
Field - Peace
Contribution - for their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change,
and to lay the foundations for the measures that are needed to counteract such change.
6. The Sveriges Riksbank Prize - Leonid Hurwicz, Eric S. Maskin and Roger B. Myerson
Field - Economic Sciences
Contribution - having laid the foundations of mechanism design theory.