Top 10 forests in India
- Located in the eastern state of West Bengal.
- Home to the white tiger.
Area - 10,000 sq. Km.
2. Gir forest
- Located in Junagadh district of Gujarat.
Area - 1,412 sq. km.
Established in - 1965
3. Khasi hills
- Located in Meghalaya.
- The beutiful Khasi forests are part of the Meghalaya subtropical forests eco region.
4. Namdapha National Park
- Located in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Third largest national park in the world.
Area - 1985 Sq.km.
5. Jim Corbett National Park
- Located in Uttarakhand.
- First National Park in India.
Established in - 1936.
It is one of the best forests of India to spend a peaceful vacation.
6. Bandipur National Park
- Located in Karnataka.
Area - 874 Sq. km.
7. Nilgiri Biosphere reserve
- Located in Tamil Nadu
- It was declared a UNESCO World heritage site in 2012
8. Keibul Lamjao National Park
- Located in Manipur.
- Keibul Lamjao National Park is famous for being the only floating park in the world.
9. Vandalur Reserve forest
- Located in southwestern part of Chennai.
- It also included the Madras zoo which is a popular attraction.
10. Kanha National Park
- Located in Madhya Pradesh.
- Highest National Park in Madhya Pradesh.
- It is famous for being home to about 300 species of resident and migratory birds.