Nobel Prizes and Laureates 2014
1. Nobel Laureates - Isamu Akasaki, Hiroshi Amano and Shuji Nakamura
Field - Physics
Contribution - for the invention of efficient blue light-emitting diodes which has enabled bright and energy-saving white light sources.
2. Nobel Laureates - Eric Betzig, Stefan W. Hell and William E. Moerner
Field - Chemistry
Contribution - For the development of super resolved fluorescence microscopy.
3. Nobel Laureates - John O Keefe, May-Britt Moser and Edvard I. Moser
Field - Physiology or Medicine
Contribution - for their discoveries of cells that constitute a positioning system in the brain.
4. Nobel Laureates - Patrick Modiano
Field - Literature
Contribution - for the art of memory with
which he has evoked the most ungraspable human destinies and uncovered the life-world of the occupation.
5. Nobel Laureates - Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousafzai
Field - Peace
Contribution - For their struggle against the suppression of children and young people and for the right of all children to education.
6. Nobel Laureates - Jean Tirole
Field - Economic Sciences
Contribution - for his analysis of market power and regulation.