Nobel Prizes and Laureates 1968
1. Nobel Laureates - Luis Walter Alvarez
Field - Physics
Contribution - Contributions to elementary particle physics, in particular the discovery of a large number of resonance states,
made possible through his development of the technique of using hydrogen bubble chamber and data analysis.
2. Nobel Laureates - Lars Onsager
Field - Chemistry
Contribution - Discovery of the reciprocal relations bearing his name, which are fundamental for the thermodynamics of irreversible processes.
3. Nobel Laureates - Robert W. Holley, Har Gobind Khorana and Marshall W. Nirenberg
Field - Physiology or Medicine
Contribution - Interpretation of the genetic code and its function in protein synthesis.
4. Nobel Laureates - Yasunari Kawabata
Field - Literature
Contribution - Narrative mastery, which with great sensibility expresses the essence of the Japanese mind.
5. Nobel Laureates - Rene Cassin
Field - Peace.