Nobel Prizes and Laureates 1992
1. Nobel Laureates - Georges Charpak
Field - Physics
Contribution - Invention and development of particle detectors, in particular the multiwire proportional chamber.
2. Nobel Laureates - Rudolph A. Marcus
Field - Chemistry
Contribution - contributions to the theory of electron transfer reactions in chemical systems.
3. Nobel Laureates - Edmond H. Fischer and Edwin G. Krebs
Field - Physiology or Medicine
Contribution - Discoveries concerning reversible protein phosphorylation as a biological regulatory mechanism.
4. Nobel Laureates - Derek Walcott
Field - Literature
Contribution - For a poetic oeuvre of great luminosity, sustained by a historical vision, the outcome of a multicultural commitment.
5. Nobel Laureates - Rigoberta Menchu Tum
Field - Peace
Contribution - In recognition of her work for social justice and ethno-cultural reconciliation based on respect for the rights of indigenous peoples.
6. The Sveriges Riksbank Prize - Gary S. Becker
Field - Economic Sciences
Contribution - Extended the domain of microeconomic analysis to a wide range of human behaviour
and interaction, including nonmarket behaviour.