The NIO.2(Non-blocking input-output) file system is the new and most amazing feature of the java 7 release. This new package has been upgraded in java7 packages as "java.nio".
Talking about File systems support and features which let us deal with file system we can name the following features:
1. Platform friendly-ness of NIO.2: We can deal with all file systems in a unified model.
2. File tree walk: We can walk on a file tree and examine each node using the built-in APIs, NIO.2 to let us know whether the current member is a file, a directory or a symbolic link. We can then perform any operation we want on that node.
3. File Operations (Copy, Delete, Move): Basic operations are supported with plethora of options. The move operation can be performed in atomic way.
4. Symbolic links support: count soft and hard links as well as managing them.
5. Support for file attributes in NIO.2: Managing file systems attributes is fully supported for different file systems including DOS, POSIX...
6. File system change notification: We can setup a watch service and receive notification when a change happens on the path we are watching.
7. SPI for providing new file systems support, for example to support zip, zfs, btrfs, we can implement the provider interfaces and use the unified API to access that specific file system using our implementation.
Core Java Interview Questions
Object Oriented Programming(OOP) Questions and Answers
Collections Interview Questions
Java Exceptions Interview Questions
Java Threads Interview Questions
Collection framework in java interview questions
oops concepts with example in java
Java Serialization Interview Questions
Top 20 Core Java Interview Questions with Answers
String Interview Question in java With Example
synchronization interview questions
Java Reflection Interview question
Java Executor Framework (JDK 1.5) Interview Questions
JDK 1.7 interview Questations and Answers
Java I/O interview question with example