Read More →
A List interface provides a collection of objects in insertion order, allow duplicates and none synchronized.
There are three classes that implement List interface:
1) ArrayList :
• It is a resizable array implementation.
• The size of the ArrayList can be increased dynamically at time of adding or deleting objects.
• The operations like add,remove and get can be formed once the object is created.
• It also ensures that the data is retrieved in the manner it was stored.
• The ArrayList is not thread-safe.
It is thread-safe implementation of ArrayList. The methods are wrapped around a synchronized block.
• The LinkedList also implements Queue interface and provide FIFO(First In First Out) operation for add operation.
It is faster if than ArrayList if it performs insertion and deletion of elements from the middle of a list.
Core Java Interview Questions
Object Oriented Programming(OOP) Questions and Answers
Collections Interview Questions
Java Exceptions Interview Questions
Java Threads Interview Questions
Collection framework in java interview questions
oops concepts with example in java
Java Serialization Interview Questions
Top 20 Core Java Interview Questions with Answers
String Interview Question in java With Example
synchronization interview questions
Java Reflection Interview question
Java Executor Framework (JDK 1.5) Interview Questions
JDK 1.7 interview Questations and Answers
Java I/O interview question with example