1. Index based access allow access of the element directly on the basis of index.
2. The cursor of the datastructure can directly goto the 'n' location and get the element. It does not traverse through n-1 elements.
3. In Iterator based access, the cursor has to traverse through each element to get the desired element. So to reach the 'n'th element it need to traverse through n-1 elements.
4. Insertion, updation or deletion will be faster for iterator based access if the operations are performed on elements present in between the datastructure.
5. Insertion,updation or deletion will be faster for index based access if the operations are performed on elements present at last of the datastructure.
6. Traversal or search in index based datastructure is faster.
ArrayList is index access and LinkedList is iterator access.
Core Java Interview Questions
Object Oriented Programming(OOP) Questions and Answers
Collections Interview Questions
Java Exceptions Interview Questions
Java Threads Interview Questions
Collection framework in java interview questions
oops concepts with example in java
Java Serialization Interview Questions
Top 20 Core Java Interview Questions with Answers
String Interview Question in java With Example
synchronization interview questions
Java Reflection Interview question
Java Executor Framework (JDK 1.5) Interview Questions
JDK 1.7 interview Questations and Answers
Java I/O interview question with example